NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2011 – Weber Shandwick, one of the world’s leading global public relations firms, had a strong showing yesterday at PR News’ People Awards at The National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The firm took home more awards than any other and was honored with three People Awards and two 15-to-Watch honors.
Weber Shandwick’s winners include:
- Digital Communications Leader of the Year: Chris Perry, president of Digital Communications
- Investor Relations/Financial Communications Executive of the Year: Barb Iverson, president of the Financial Services practice
- Account Director/Supervisor of the Year: Julie Harkavy Fisher, executive vice president
- 15-to-Watch Honoree: Brian Conway, account supervisor
- 15-to-Watch Honoree: Kelly Hamor, account director
I am extremely proud of our honorees, who continually strive to make an impact on the firm, our clients and the industry as a whole. Without talented and driven people, such as these, we would not be able to provide the best-in-class service on which our clients rely,
CEO of Weber Shandwick
These latest awards continue to build on Weber Shandwick’s industry honors, which include being named Advertising Age’s Agency of the Decade, Global Agency of the Year by the 2011 Bulldog Stars of PR Awards for Outstanding Achievement, and a Best Large Agency to Work For by The Holmes Report. In addition, the firm has been honored at numerous industry awards including PR News’ Platinum Awards, PRWeek Awards, SABRE Awards and PRSA Anvils, among others.
PR News’ People Awards showcase the top talent, the innovators and passionate professionals who day in and day out are making communications matter in the marketplace. The winners of this annual program set the benchmark for PR and underscore the outstanding PR achievements made in the past year. The 15-to-Watch program, honors 15 budding PR leaders and creative practitioners, age 30 and under.