New York – May 2, 2018 – Weber Shandwick, one of the world’s leading global communications and marketing services firms, was recognized with its clients across 10 categories at The Holmes Report’s 2018 North America SABRE Awards in New York – making the agency one of the most award-winning firms of the night. Weber Shandwick was named Canadian Agency of the Year, celebrated for five years of double-digit growth in the region.
– Firm Named Canadian Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report –
– Eclipsing the Eclipse with Royal Caribbean International Named Top 5 Campaign of the Year; Agency Recognized for Citizenship Efforts –
The firm’s work with Royal Caribbean International for its Eclipse the Eclipse campaign was named one of the top 5 campaigns of the year. Weber Shandwick was also recognized in the PR Agency Citizenship category for its efforts to connect displaced families in Mexico City with hosts following the earthquake that rocked the city in September 2017. The firm was also recognized as one of the top five best large agencies to work for.
Being honored across such a wide variety of agency and campaign categories is reflective of Weber Shandwick’s commitment to making a deeper impact in our work, and in some cases for the communities in which we live and serve. We appreciate the partnership with have with our clients in pursuing ideas that go beyond the status quo.
CEO of Weber Shandwick
The North America SABRE Awards, selected from more than 2,000 entries, recognize superior achievement in branding, reputation and engagement. Agency of the Year recipients are determined after an extensive research process involving more than 150 submissions across the United States and Canada.
The Holmes Report pointed to several driving factors in awarding Weber Shandwick the Canadian Agency of the Year distinction, including the firm’s growth, its leadership position in corporate reputation and risk management, and its work for many of Canada’s most iconic brands, including Royal Bank of Canada, Air Canada and Canadian Tire, as well as several multinationals operating in the country.
We are honored the Holmes Report has recognized our agency and our people for the great work they do every day on behalf of our amazing clients, Winning Canadian Agency of the Year is proof of concept for our innovative agency model and collaborative working culture.
CEO and President of Weber Shandwick North
In addition to its agency honors, Weber Shandwick and its clients were recognized across several Gold SABRE categories:
- The Color of Inclusion with UNO/Mattel won in Cause-Related Marketing
- Childhood Enders with Save the Children won in Public Education
- Heroes Among Us with Sutter Health won in Crisis Management
- Eclipsing the Eclipse with Royal Caribbean International won in Travel & Tourism, in addition to being named in the top five campaigns of the year
- Empowering the LGBT Community to F*ck w/out Fear with the Los Angeles LGBT Center won in Consumer Health
- An All-Time High for Financial Communications with Abbott won in Capital Markets
The North America SABRE Award recognitions are among several honors earned by Weber Shandwick in 2018, including being named PRWeek’sU.S. Agency of the Year for the fourth consecutive year and being designated an Ad Age Agency A-List Standout for the second year running. Weber Shandwick was also named The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2017 and PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year for consecutive years (2017, 2016, 2015).