SENIOR ASSOCIATE, CLIENT EXPERIENCE DIGITAL
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Have you ever been accused of being Extremely Online? Do you obsessively read about social media trends, scroll through Instagram and TikTok nonstop and have a media diet that could best be described as eclectic, diverse, maybe even chaotic? Are you curious about all things media, metaverse and meme culture? Do you use LinkedIn unironically and understand the value of social as a part of a comprehensive integrated media approach? Are you passionate about researching the latest digital innovations, learning new tools, and translating findings into that ‘a ha’ moment for clients? Do you get excited about sharing data-driven insights with clients to inform future social media strategy? Are you a resourceful and proactive digital communicator that ‘gets’ marketing but approaches client challenges with an earned first mindset?
If so, we’re glad you’re here and keep reading! Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Client Experience Digital to join our team in Washington, DC. This motivated collaborator will bring their ✨passion✨ for all things digital to our high-performance, collaborative team. As a Senior Associate you will work closely with both senior and junior staff members across several teams to provide sound digital counsel and manage day-to-day work. Prepare to manage up, manage down, and work alongside some of the smartest folks you could ever hope to call colleagues. And yes, we like to have fun while we do it. All ultimately in service of helping our clients—some of the world’s leading brands—drive their businesses forward.
This is a client-facing role so the ability to work with all types of people is really important.
Who Are We Looking For?
Is it you? The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. Yawn. Doesn’t that sound terrible? Really, we want someone who can dive in, enjoy the work, and wants to gets stuff done while helping to continually improve the processes while they do it. Successful candidates typically have a solid digital communications, marketing or integrated communications background and with a mix of experience across B2B, B2C, and/or Public Affairs campaigns. Read: you’ve worked with lots of different types of clients and you’re excited about a range of industries. You must have exceptional project management skills, have a TikTok worthy level of organization (did your friends envy your desk set up and note taking prowess in college?) and want to be involved in all aspects of the work we do, from helping to build digital strategy to helping us execute it flawlessly.
POV: You’re our new Senior Associate, Client Experience Digital
On any given day, you could be working on social content strategy, liaising with a client on a paid social campaign, supporting influencer programs, researching the latest trending sounds on Instagram Reels and helping to launch a podcast. In the morning you may be the one explaining the FYP to a client, in the afternoon compiling a report on Instagram content performance, and end the day learning about generative AI directly from some of our leading subject matter experts at Weber Shandwick. Each day may be a little bit different but every day you will work hard doing something you love with some really cool clients. You will get a chance to help us win some of our next biggest clients and you will have ample opportunities for mentorship, professional development, and teaching all of your colleagues a little something yourself.
You LOVE digital, you speak internet, are a versatile up and coming digital leader and are eager to gain more experience working at one of the largest agencies in the world in our beloved nation’s capital.
This is what you can regularly expect your work to look like.
- Assist in the development and implementation of digital campaigns integrating into larger paid, owned and earned programs
- Implement digital engagement campaigns for top-tier government and corporate clients
- Serve as a platform strategist lead for multiple clients and internal functions
- Oversee client’s social media channels including editorial planning, content development, paid media, social listening, social media monitoring and content performance analytics and ongoing social strategy
- Inform the development of effective digital and social media creative and editorial assets to resonate with priority audiences and ensure social channels are being used in high-value ways
- Serve as a key client contact in the management of digital campaigns, providing both reliable project management and strategic counsel as needed. You know how to appropriately engage with clients and can confidently communicate with clients in both written communications, virtually via Microsoft Teams or IRL.
- Support new business development efforts
We think you will be most successful with this background but if this isn’t quite you and the role speaks to you, we encourage you to apply.
- 3-5 years in digital communications and marketing positions
- Experience working closely with several types of teams including creative, strategy, media planning and PR
- Deep expertise in social media/digital platforms, including content formats, available ad targeting and analytics capabilities
- A keen passion for tracking digital and social media trends and leveraging them to solve client challenges across a range of industries
- Knowledge of and interest in social media listening programs and the ability to transform findings into actionable insights for clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor (heavy on the humor)
If you also have any of the following professional experience we think you just might be a perfect fit.
- Prior experience with social executive visibility programs, supporting senior leaders or subject matter experts on social media
- Prior experience working with social media influencers or content creators as a part of a brand’s social media strategy
- Prior experience with social listening or social media monitoring and an understanding of how to approach a new client challenge
This is what you need to know and be able to do with confidence in this role.
- Familiarity with a wide range of social media platforms including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, etc. and the available content formats for each and an understanding of social platforms’ native analytics offerings.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and a wide range of community management, social listening and social media management tools such as Talkwalker, Brandwatch, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Khoros, Hootsuite or similar tools and an appetite to learn more.
- Superb research skills with the ability to conduct desk research independently and quickly learn new research tools to inform client and internal briefs (read: you can effectively search something on Google and discern reputable sources and learn new tools that can help you supplement your research)
- Top notch written skills, able to write engaging short form digital/social content with a bonus if you have experience writing longer form digital content
- A strong comfort level with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; You don’t have to be an expert, but you need to be comfortable creating deliverables in both
- A clear communicator and persuasive presenter both virtually and IRL
- Ability to think strategically about the development of integrated digital programs and how to use social platforms effectively
- Demonstrated success translating client needs into workable plans/projects
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new systems and tools
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.